ALL TEAM MEMBERS ATTENDING COMPETITION MUST REGISTER FOR A SAE MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM AN FSAEONLINE.COM ACCOUNT!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN SAE STUDENT MEMBERSHIP...
1) Go to sae.org
2) Click Participate and then Membership Details
3) Click Join Today and select Student Membership
4) If you do not have a prior SAE account, select No
5) This should lead you to an account creation page. Fill out information and go to next page
6) Fill in an address where you'd like to receive SAE mail (magazines) and go to next page
7) Click whatever jobs & interests you are interested in
8) Fill in relevant information on the next page (school affiliation, major, etc)
9) Fill in payment information. Membership as of May 2020 is $35 for ONE YEAR
You will need to renew your student membership every year.
10) Follow from STEP 4 onwards in the other column to complete your registration for competition.
IF YOU DO HAVE AN SAE STUDENT MEMBERSHIP...
1) Login to your account
2) Navigate to your account profile. It should tell you your ID number and when your membership expires.
3) IF YOUR MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES BEFORE COMPETITION, YOU MUST RENEW IT
take the steps needed to renew membership (click renew now → renew online → enter payment information ($35))
4) Copy and paste your membership number. It is the ID number in your account profile.
You should see this page. Click on Overview if you don't. Click on Update Team button. (If you do not see the update team button, navigate to Profile on the top navigation bar)
6) It should take you to this page. Notice OEM is hyperlinked. Click on Olin Electric Motorsports
7) You should see something like this. Under Fast Track Roster, click Add New Member
8) Enter your ID number you copied earlier
9) It should pull up your name and information. It should ask for your role, event attendance, and t-shirt size, as well as a couple other things.
Role: TEAM MEMBER (unless otherwise told)
Event Attendance: Yes, I plan on attending the competition
T-shirt Size: (Unisex)
Click Save Changes
10) The site should bring you back to the roster and your name should be added
11) You are done!